Since the year 2000, excessive elitism has led to an ever-accelerating race towards newer, better models made almost without exception in factories in Asia. In the face of this trend, BIC Sport chose to go a somewhat different route, with a French-based production, the selection of models on offer and investment in the competition circuit.
BIC Sport is the only manufacturer producing windsurf boards in France, a situation that allows us to exploit an industrial system that is in itself high performance, but also unique in the world. It also enables us to respond quickly to new trends in some of the most important and biggest world markets.
2013 product range.
Our individual designs are well defined and limited in number to help make it easier to choose the best board for you. The 2013 Windsurf range comprises 5 different clearly indentified models :
• The Techno range is aimed at riders seeking a high performance freeride/funboard with quality fittings, responsive but also easy to ride.
• More innovative is the Nova range, lighter weight boards incorporating a full integral deck pad. This is a design aimed at windsurf schools and at beginners who want a board that will help them learn the basics fast, but also help them progress rapidly.
• The Core 293 D and 160 D, are designed to make windsurf and funboard as simple as possible for everyone. Inexpensive, easy to ride, they are fitted with a daggerboard for extra stability.
• The Beach series combine the exceptional durable strength of polyethylene construction, quality modern design and unbeatable price to deliver a board that will suit both windsurf schools and families simply looking to get out and have affordable fun on the water.
• SUP is the latest arrival in the BIC Windsurf range. The two brand new SUP Wind designs provide a superb missing link between windsurfing and the brand new sport of SUP that has set the board sports market alight in the last couple of years. The 10’6 and 11’6 SUP WIND boards are super-versatile, enabling you to do both sports with just one board, on the flat or in small waves.
BIC Sport has also invested itself heavily in this important area. After winning several World Championship titles at the beginning of the 2000s, BIC Sport started looking increasingly at monotype racing as the way forward, and developed the Techno 293 One Design as a monotype board for junior international racers. Today, Techno 293 OD is THE most dynamic windsurf class in the world, with the recent World Championships attracting 350 young racers from 26 different countries spanning 5 continents. The T293 OD Class is also now working to develop a new T293 OD+ Class that will open up this competition to older riders, with the 8.5 rig and a 50 cm fin. With a new competition format focused on planing, this promises to be a great development for the future. A truly phenomenal windsurf class.
Learn, progress, race, or simply spend time on the water ! Windsurf is still the most exciting and the most affordable way to have sail-powered fun. We wish you the very best of sessions in 2013 !